Today sees the release of the next raft of features in AOS (and some bug fixes of course), available only for customers comfortable using the Short Term Support (STS) release cycle.
At a high level the new and updates to existing functionality:
- Erasure Coding with Block Awareness
- SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) Authentication Support in Prism Central
- Nutanix Native Key Management Server for AOS based Data-at-Rest (DAR) Encryption (further details here)
- Dual level DAR Encryption
- Prism Element Image Management updates
The release notes delve into further detail and are available through the Support Portal.
More information on the STS and LTS cycles can be reviewed here