Nutanix Objects is designed with an Amazon Web Services Simple Storage Service (AWS S3) compatible REST API interface with the capability to handle petabytes of unstructured data. Typical use cases would be for backup, storage, long-term retention and enable the development of cloud-native applications by using standard S3 APIs. With Nutanix Objects, the current storage offering of the Nutanix solution expands. You do not have to introduce extra storage solutions when you use Objects as it is deployed and managed as part of the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS.
Nutanix has previously referred to this feature at user conferences as ‘Nutanix Buckets’, that name has since been dropped in lieu of something a little more meaningful.
The initial call-out features:
- Requires that AOS and Prism Central are running v5.11 versions of code
- Nutanix Objects is managed entirely through Prism Central
- S3 API Compatible Storage
- Write Once Read Many (WORM)
- Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- Versioning and Lifecycle Policies
- HTTPS Access
For full details review the release notes.