The latest STS release of AOS 5.17 has lots of updates and as you can see there’s quite a focus in Leap (Services) in this one – just a reminder here that Leap is for on-prem and shouldn’t be confused with Xi Leap which is Nutanix’s DRaaS offering.
Lots of updates in this rollout, here are some of the highlights:
The new feature of AOS 5.15 is:
AHV Synchronous Replication (0 RPO) with Leap
NearSync Replication (1–15 minutes RPO) with Leap
- Support for a single Prism Central with Leap (> 1 hour RPO)
- VM level IP Address Mapping in Recovery Plans with Leap
- In-guest Script Execution in Recovery Plans with Leap
- Network Traffic Segmentation of Disaster Recovery Traffic with Protection Domains
- Network Traffic Segmentation of Disaster Recovery Service with Metro and NearSync Replication Schedules
- 20 seconds RPO in NearSync replication schedule for VStore protection on VMware ESXi
- Microsoft’s Hyper-V 2019 officially supported
- Rack Fault Tolerance for Hyper-V
The release notes delve into further detail and are available through the Support Portal here.